The Romanian Amateur Radio Federation is proud to invite you to
participate at our traditional international contest dedicated to VHF/UHF.
1. Contest period: 06 - 07 July 2002 , 14.00 - 14.00 UTC
This contest takes place every year, during the first full weekend of
July. Starts at 14.00 UTC on Saturday, ends at 14.00 UTC on Sunday.
2. Bands: all VHF/UHF/SHF/EHF amateur radio bands, starting with 144 MHz,
except 3,4 GHz.
3. Modes: A1A, J3E and F3E according to IARU Region I bands plan.
- A = Single operator 144MHz
- B = Single operator 432MHz
- C = Single operator 1296MHz
- D = Single operator multiband 144, 432 and 1296MHz
- E = Multioperator multiband 144, 432 and 1296MHz
- F = SHF/EHF all amateur radio band, starting with
2320 MHz, regardless number of operators.
5. Contest call: CQ YO Contest or TEST YO
6. Exchanges: RS(T) plus a progressive serial number starting with 001 on
each band plus the WW QTH locator.
- 144 MHz = 1p/km
- 432 MHz = 5p/km
- 1296 MHz = 10p/km
For D and E sections, the final score is the sum of the points for
For the F section (SHF/EHF), one km distance counts one point. The
score on each band is the sum of the points multiplied by the following
- 1 for 2320 MHz
- 3 for 5760 MHz
- 6 for 10368 MHz
The final score for this category is the sum of the scores
obtained on each SHF/EHF band.
8. Log instructions:
- Separate on each band and summary sheets for each entry.
- All times must be in UTC.
- Each log has to be accompanied by a Summary sheet showing
following informations: callsign, country, name, address,
section, QSOs number, points, multiplier, score, station description.
- Also it has to include a signed statement that all contest rules and
regulations for amateur radio in the own country has been respected.
- Electronic logs are accepted in ASCII format and will contain
all information requested above. Pictures and equipment details
9. Deadline: All entries must be mailed or E-mailed no later than July 31
Romanian Amateur Radio Federation
P.O. Box 22-50
10. Classifications and awards:
- The highest scoring station in each section will receive the title
of "International Champion of Romania" and the appropriate
- The first ten places of each section will be awarded with
- Logs may be submitted also on floppy disk. Logs submitted on disk
must contain all required information. Only ASCII format and
MS-DOS compatible disks will be accepted.
- Single operator means that a single person performs both
operation and logging.
- It is not allowed to change the callsign or the QTH during the
- DX Packet clusters and DX alerting assistance are permitted in all
- A station may be worked once on each band.
- Contesters must observe and respect the amateur radio regulations
in their countries, as well as the IARU Region I recommendations.
We are gently asking you to make available the informations about
our contest to all those hams who might be interrested.
Rules updated on July, 3.